To cater to the needs of various children who are deprived of right to education due to unavoidable situations around them, COI operates education centers. These are found in both slum and rural settings. In these centers, basic education, tuition, mid-day meals and other
recreational facilities are provided. In Delhi some of these centers are run in partnership with
the Delhi Government with an aim of assimilating these children into the public schools. Currently we have active educational centers in Delhi, Bihar, Kashmir and Uttaranchal and Uttar Pradesh.
Now COI is aiming to provide quality education to the children in Delhi and UP to give them hope for the future.
COI has adopted various communities in Delhi, Bihar, Uttaranchal, Kashmir, Ladakh and
Uttar Pradesh where Christian education, counseling and support groups are organized to
meet the needs of that community. Meeting spiritual & emotional needs, providing crisis counseling and training locals who are able to provide similar care to others are some of
the things that our team of dedicated Pastoral Care Workers do in the communities. The pastoral care results in transformation of the communities.
* Government of India's flagship program for achievement of Universelization of Elementary Education (UEE)
* Compulsory Education to the Children of 6-14 years age group, a Fundamental Right.
* SSA is being implemented in partnership with State Governments to cover the entire country and address the needs of 192 million children in 1.1 million habitations.
* The program seeks to open new schools in those habitations which do not have schooling facilities and strengthen existing school infrastructure through provision of additional class rooms, toilets, drinking water, maintenance grant and school improvement grants.
* SSA seeks to provide quality elementary education including life skills. SSA has a special focus on girl's education and children with special needs. SSA also seeks to provide computer education to bridge the digital divide.